MBA – Sport Management
In as little as 15 months and around $20,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Want to enter or advance your career as a leader in the sport industry? TWU’s MBA in Sport Management teaches the skills needed to manage various operations in the ever-evolving and universal world of sports. If you are zealous about learning and applying business concepts in the sporting industry, this is the degree for you.
TWU also offers this degree plan as part of a 4+1, where you can earn both the BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management and MBA –Sport Management in an accelerated format.
MBA - Sport Management program features
- No GMAT or GRE required
- Accelerated 7-week online class formats
- 100% online
- Degree completion is as little as 15 months or 36 credit hours*
- Accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- TWU’s 4+1 BS in Kinesiology and MBA program: Earn two degrees in just 5 years: your BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management + MBA (8 credit hours of MB core courses, plus 12 CHs in graduate-level Sport Management classes)*
*Individual requirements may add up to 9 credit hours of program prerequisites.
Why Sport Management at TWU?
Accredited and highly ranked
The College of Business is now accredited from AACSB International
—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the world’s leading association of business schools. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
For undergraduate students, this degree is part of TWU’s 4+1, where you can earn both the BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management and MBA –Sport Management in just 5 years. It is one of only a handful in the nation and the only in Texas.
Closing the gap of women leadership
Women are greatly underrepresented in leadership roles within the global sporting industry. Sport management is growing in Texas and no matter your gender, equal representation is important. TWU is addressing this gap.
Admission to the Master of Business Administration
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission.
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some applicants based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
How to Apply
*All students enrolling for Summer or Fall 2023 will continue with the ApplyTexas application and will need to submit any required documents for M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education to firstname.lastname@example.org . .
Effective February 1, 2023: Students applying for Spring 2024 and beyond in the following programs will use the New Graduate Application Portal - M.B.A., M.H.A., M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education. Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions at 940-898-3188 or email@example.com.
- Review Admissions Requirements for the program for which you are applying.
- Review the Admission to the Graduate School information in the Graduate Catalog.
- Create an account and apply for admission via the New Graduate Application Portal. In the application process, you will be asked to provide any supplemental documentation identified in the Admissions Requirements referred to above.
- Submit any required official test scores and transcripts.
- International students should visit the International Affairs webpage for additional information and requirements.
For more information on graduate admissions or to contact an admissions official, visit www.melvinmacias.com/admissions/graduate-admission/.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Program Director
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.
Page last updated 1:35 PM, April 14, 2023